Too tired to cook dinner? Pressed for time and the kids are getting hungry? Well, there is no need worry for help is on the way. Friday nights can be pizza night in a week since pizzas are the best when it comes to convenience food that’s easy and quick to make and easy on the family budget, too. The secret is keep your pizza dough already rolled out in the freezer so all you’ve got to do is pop it into the oven.
On the other hand, if you or a family member suffers from gluten intolerance or celiac disease, then you can try substituting your regular pizza dough with gluten-free pizza crust. Here is an honest review of Chebe Bread gluten-free pizza crust mix than can help you see why a gluten-free pizza crust is a godsend when it comes to pizza preparation for celiac disease or gluten intolerant patients.
Here are some homemade pizza recipes to get you started:
No Yeast Classic Chicken Pizza
Note: For this recipe, you will need a roll of pizza dough or a gluten-free crust straight from the freezer.
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken breast sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Slices of mozzarella cheese for garnish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. meanwhile brush olive oil onto the surface of the rolled dough. Place the dough onto a baking sheet and spread with tomato sauce, chicken breast slices, oregano leaves and cheddar cheese.
- Pop the pizza into the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the crust turns golden.
- Remove from oven and top with mozzarella slices. Makes 16 slices. Serve warm.
Now that is a quick and easy way to make pizza dinner night wasn’t it?
Tropical Mango Pizza with Zuccini or Eggplant
This pizza is in a class of its own. Enter the pizza made with mangoes and reminiscent of tropical nights on the beach. To make it healthier, just add zucchini or eggplant or any vegetable of your choice.
You will need:
- Mango slices
- 1 zucchini sliced thinly
- 1 eggplant sliced
- 2/3 cup of medium salsa (not hot)
- A roll of pizza dough or ready-made, gluten-free pizza crust
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cooked white beans, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or according to package instructions. Place the dough on a baking tray or sheet and spread the salsa onto it. Be careful not to spread the salsa on the edges.
- Top with cheddar cheese, mango slices, zucchini and eggplant with the white beans. Bake for 15 minutes or less and top with chives. You may add mozzarella slices too if you desire before serving. Makes 6-7 pizza slices but be ready for seconds. Serve warm.
Be ready for second helpings with these homemade pizza recipes that your kids will absolutely adore. It might just become a favorite dessert with the adults too. Make this now.